When: 11 December 2012 from 18:30 to 20:00
The debate, which has been organized by the Constitutional Commission, will use the Question Time type of format. Each speaker will outline their views on Scottish broadcasting; then the audience will have the opportunity to put questions to the panel.
The chair of the event, John Drummond, provides some background information to this debate in his article What is the Role of Broadcasting in Scotland?.
As Scotland engages in a process of constitutional change, we need to consider whether the BBC is still fit for purpose.
- Iain MacWhirter - columnist for The Herald and Sunday Herald and presenter of political programmes from both Westminster and Holyrood for over 20 years
- Tom Devine - Senior Research Professor in History at the University of Edinburgh and author of several books, he is regarded as the leading authority on the history of modern Scotland
- Ewan Crawford - lecturer in journalism at the University of the West Scotland, who regularly contributes to the print and broadcast media; former Private Secretary to John Swinney
- Joan McAlpine - columnist with the The Daily Record and SNP list MSP for the South of Scotland
- Kate Higgins - Policy Manager at Children 1st and writer for Herald Scotland
The meeting is free to attend but bookings are required.
How to Get There
Committee Room 1
Edinburgh EH99 1SP