Plone: Hide the Login Button| filed under: technology, Plone
How to remove the login button for anonymous users
Remove Login Action
To remove the login button,
- go to Site Setup → Zope Management Interface
- navigate to portal_actions/user
- edit the login action
- untick the Visible? check box
While this will hide the login facility from the visiting public, the personal tools menu will still remain accessible for the logged-in user.
Those who need access to the site, can simply bookmark the site's /login page.
Hide the Personal Bar
However, this has the disadvantage that it will also affect authenticated users as links to Dashboard, Preferences and Site Setup will no longer be conveniently accessible from the personal tools drop-down menu.
- ^ Plone 3 and earlier versions use /login_form.
- This process has been tested with Plone 4.1